These General Terms & Conditions & Data Protection regulate the legal relationships between Zurich Furnished Homes (owned by Borox-Data AG and hereinafter referred to as ZFH) and its customers (hereinafter referred to as Guest/Guests). These General Terms & Conditions & Data Protection (hereinafter referred to as GT&C) shall apply to every offer and service of ZFH, and for each rental of a ZFH apartment.
By sending an electronic request, performing an online booking, or at the latest when written confirmation of the booking is received, Guest declares that he/she completely agrees to these GT&C of ZFH. These GT&C are available at any time on www.Zurich-Furnished-Homes.ch.
Only as many persons may stay at the booked apartment as are stated in the ZFH booking confirmation. ZFH may, in accordance with to its prices, add extra costs for additional guests to the invoice and/or demand the departure of the additional guest.
A changed booking, such as the date of arrival or departure, type of apartment, additional services or other elements, is only valid when agreed to by ZFH and after the issuance of a new booking confirmation. Charges may apply for booking changes.
Guest may use the adjoining areas that are not marked as private (e.g. washrooms or drinks cellar). Parking places are not available, and Guests may use nearby parking facilities or public parking spaces (fees and limitations apply).
- Fully furnished apartment with fully equipped kitchen
- Final cleaning and changing of towels and bed linens
- Free Wi-Fi
- Satellite TV, flat screen TV, multimedia system
- In-house self-service laundry on the ground floor (shared facility)
- All incidental costs (incl. heating, hot and cold water)
A booking is confirmed after ZFH has issued the booking confirmation.
An apartment shall be made available for the period that was booked. The period stated in the booking confirmation under «booked period» shall be decisive. Guest shall have no right to use the apartment for a longer period.
Guest may not shorten or lengthen a confirmed booking. However, he/she may book the apartment for any length of time – including an unlimited period – and may cancel the nights already booked at no cost within the ZFH cancellation notice periods, in accordance with clause 2.4.
Refundable bookings can be cancelled up to 14 days prior to check-in date without
incurring a cancellation fee. If cancelled in less than 14 days, a cancellation fee
Cancellation of non-refundable bookings means that no refund will take place regardless of the date of the cancellation.
Guest shall pay the price for the accommodation plus any additional services described in the booking confirmation or in the invoice upon booking. The amount owed and the applicable payment periods (due dates) may be found in the invoice that is sent by ZFH to Guest together with the booking confirmation by email. If the amounts owed are not paid by the move-in date stated on the invoice, ZFH shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract, that is, to cancel the booking and refuse to grant Guest entry to the apartment. In such case, any claims of Guest shall expire. If Guest fails to pay any invoice that falls due during the stay, then he/she shall be in default as of the due date.
ZFH may require Guest to provide credit card information, pay a deposit and/or a copy of his/her passport as security. ZFH will require Guest to transfer a security deposit to the security account belonging to ZFH. The amount of the security and the due date shall be stated in the invoice for the security («deposit invoice»). Interest shall not be paid on the deposit and, if all invoices are paid, and no damage is determined at the time of departure, the deposit shall be reimbursed to Guest within ten days of departure. If the security is not paid, then ZFH shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract, to provide the object to other persons and to demand a cancellation fee or processing fee from the defaulting guest. Any damage to the inventory, furniture, apartment or building as well as defaults in payment or other expenses (e.g., lost key) shall be deducted from the security deposit.
The cost of the accommodation and – in case of an accommodation for 31 nights or
more – the security deposit and final cleaning fees shall be paid by the dates stated
in the invoice from ZFH. The payment dates shall be as follows:
Bookings for 1 to 30 nights
All costs of the accommodation incl. final cleaning fees shall be due upon booking or invoice or, in the case of a last-minute booking, at the latest upon entry into the apartment.
Bookings of 31 nights or more:
- The deposit is due within five days of receipt of the «deposit invoice».
- The costs for the accommodation or additional services for the first month (in accordance with the invoice) shall be due at the latest five days before entry.
- The costs for the accommodation or additional services for the following months (in accordance with the invoice) shall be due at the latest five days before the beginning of each additional month.
- Any additional services that have been booked shall be invoiced separately according to cost and shall be paid according to the invoice.
- The final cleaning fee shall be paid at the same time as the cost of accommodation for the first month, that is, five days before entry.
Payment shall always be made in Swiss Francs (CHF) and shall not include bank or credit card fees.
Only credit card payment is possible for bookings at www.Zurich-Furnished- Homes.ch. Cash payment at the time of check-in, however, is only possible if Guest has provided his/her valid credit card information by the payment deadline by telephone.
Where payment by Guest is in default, ZFH shall be entitled to charge reminder fees and default interest at the rate of 5% on all amounts owed.
Unless otherwise agreed with ZFH, the apartment may be obtained and returned as
Check-in: daily from 15.00 to 24.00
Check-out: daily until 10.00
If the apartment is not released at the proper time, then an additional day will be added to the invoice.
Guest shall leave the apartment in proper condition. If the condition of the apartment makes a more thorough than usual cleaning necessary, the additional time will be included in the invoice and debited from the credit card or – for bookings for 31 nights or more – deducted directly from the deposit.
If a booking is made for eight weeks or more, Guest shall register with the responsible authority of the City of Zurich within 14 days after moving in (County office, Post office etc.) and shall give notice to the authorities at the time of departure.
Guest shall be solely responsible for any lost key or damage, loss or destruction of the inventory, furniture, the apartment or the building by Guest or third parties for any resulting damage. Guest shall also be responsible for damage due to want of care, smoking and improper use. Theft, intentional damage to property and other offences in connection with the accommodation in a ZFH apartment shall immediately reported to the authorities and ZFH shall be entitled in such case to immediately cancel the booking.
Guest undertakes to treat the apartment, common areas and inventory, furniture and appliances with the greatest possible care. The instructions for the use of the appliances (e.g., the washing machine) shall be followed carefully. The apartment may only be used for the intended purpose (as private living quarters).
ZFH does not allow pets.
No alterations may be constructed in the apartment or common areas.
Guest may not sublet or transfer the apartment to third parties. Apartments may not be used for commercial purposes. In the event of a violation of the guest privileges and obligations in these GT&C, ZFH shall have the right to cancel the booking immediately or to dissolve an existing contractual relationship without notice and to eject Guest, in the event that Guest refuses to clear the premises immediately.
ZFH assumes no liability for damage arising from the use of the internet (spam, viruses, disruptions or disturbances in the internet connection etc.). Guest shall not have the right to any claim for compensation. Internet disruptions during office hours must be notified to ZFH. In order to protect his/her own devices from damage, Guest shall prevent spam or viruses from being distributed over the ZFH network. ZFH reserves the right to exclude any guest from the network at any time. Guest acknowledges that ZFH has the obligation to record actions on the internet.
Guest shall be considerate of the needs of other guests when using the common areas (e.g., washroom), stairwell, elevators and all hallways, and shall keep these areas clean. Personal objects may not be stored in these areas because they might block the way and hinder clearing the areas in the event of an emergency or fire (e.g., bicycles in the stairwell).
Rubbish must be placed in a closed rubbish bag in the container provided by ZFH for that purpose.
The noise level in all apartments shall be kept at low volume from 22.00 to 07.00.
Smoking is not allowed in the apartment or in all other rooms and areas.
In case of fire, it is forbidden to use the elevator. In such case, the indicated emergency exists in the stairwell must be used.
No grilling or barbecue on the balcony is permitted.
All ZFH staff shall have the right to enter the apartment at any time also without giving prior notice of the reasons. Guest is aware that ZFH staff are in possession of the keys for this purpose. Guest may not prevent the entry of ZFH staff to the apartment.
In the event of a health-related emergency or threat, notify the Police (tel. 117), the local medical doctor on call, the ambulance service (tel. 144) or call the international emergency number (tel. 112). The emergency numbers are on the information sheet in each apartment. The ZFH technical service can be reached 24/7 by calling tel. 0767231304. Repairs will be made according to the level of urgency, usually from Monday to Friday during 08.00 to 17.00. Special repairs caused by Guest (e.g., lost key) are the responsibility of Guest. If ZFH provides a service in such a case, the responsible guest shall pay the cost-related fee.
ZFH shall not be liable for the following damage:
- Any damage for which Guest is responsible,
- any injury to persons from the use of the apartment or inventory (e.g., from use of the kitchen or its contents such as knives),
- damage caused by force majeure, strikes etc.,
- damage caused by disturbances or interruptions in the internet connection,
- damage to or loss of Guest ‘s personal objects or possessions (luggage, clothing, valuables, furniture, vehicles etc.), that are stored in the apartment or in or around the building.
ZFH insurance does not cover Guest or his/her personal belongings against risks related to the (e.g., accident, illness, theft, water or fire). Guest shall obtain private liability insurance.
ZFH is entitled to collect, process and use personal information to the extent necessary to ensure smooth operations. Data shall only be stored and transmitted to third parties to the extent necessary. Guest agrees to this.
Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer.
Responsible: Zurich Furnished Homes (owner Arno Brand), Daniella Touhami (Manager)
Schimmelstrasse 6, CH-8003 Zurich, Switzerland
Telephone: +41 (0) 76 - 723 1304
The Zurich Furnished Homes Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com.
If you rent an apartment from us, we collect the following information:
- title, first name, last name, a valid e-mail address, address, credit card details, telephone number (landline and / or mobile), identification (identity card or passport copy).
- to identify you as our guests;
- for correspondence with you;
- for invoicing or payment via credit card; The data processing is based on your request and is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO is required for the stated purposes for the appropriate processing of the booking and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations from the lease (booking). The personal data collected by us for the booking will be stored until the end of the statutory retention period (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the booking was made) and then deleted, unless we are under Article 6 para 1 lit. c DSGVO are obliged to store for a longer period of time due to tax and commercial requirements for storage and documentation (HGB, StGB or AO) or you are obliged to make further storage in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO have consented.
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. Insofar as this is required by Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO is required for the processing of bookings / reservations, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes the transfer to the cantonal police for the purposes of the control of foreigners in Switzerland (obligation to register for accommodation guests). The transferred data may be used by the third party exclusively for the stated purposes.
You have the right:
- according to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future.
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a The right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of Legal claims is required;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you assert this, Exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person in charge and to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in
accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO are processed, you have the
right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance
with Art. 21 DSGVO, provided there are reasons for this arising from your particular
If you would like to exercise your right to object, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a booking, you must provide your contact details. You only have to enter the
fields marked with an asterisk (specify mandatory fields here) as well as the data
concerning the booking (e.g. stay period). We also save your booking date and time.
Additional information (specify optional fields here) is not mandatory.
The information you provide on our website, including any notes, is personally
identifiable information and is processed and used by us to ensure the processing of
the booking and the provision of the requested service. We also use your data to
provide you with information relevant to the booking or during your stay. The personal
data collected at the time of booking will be forwarded to the following third parties:
SabeeApp - Sabeeapp.com is a software for landlords of apartments
Budapest, Madách Imre út 14
If any provision of these GT&C should prove to be invalid, then the other provisions shall remain unaffected thereby. The parties shall make every effort to agree a valid provision that comes as close as possible to the purpose of the requirement.
ZFH may amend or supplement these GT&C at any time without prior notice.
All communications by ZFH (incl. booking confirmations, invoices etc.) shall in principle be made by email. The booking confirmation issued by ZFH shall contain all the agreed elements of a booking. Any change or addition to the booking shall not be valid unless made in writing. Email shall fulfil the written form obligation.
This contract shall be exclusively subject to Swiss law. The court where the apartment is located shall have jurisdiction for any disputes.
Zurich, April 2019
Zurich Furnished Homes (owner Arno Brand)
Tel.: +41 767231304